Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Delicious Recipe with Kale!!

So I loooove the blog iowagirleats, and my sister and I asked me to make her farfelle with kale and bacon recipe. Of course I said yes! Kale, bacon, sun dried tomatoes!! Yummm! I adapted the recipe to my liking of course! The burst of flavors this has it amazing!!

13.25oz of whole wheat penne pasta on the stove with a dash of seasalt. As that becomes al dente I chopped up 1 1/2 cups of kale! By the way, next time I'm definitely adding waaaay more kale! Wasnt enough!

7 strips of low sodium bacon, crisp them up good!
 

In total I ended up adding 1/2 a cup of these delish sun dried tomatoes!

I chopped them up a bit more!

1 zuchinni sliced up!

When the bacon are done, lay them on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Keep the bacon grease in the pan though because we'll use it!

When the pasta is just about ready, add in the kale for an extra 2 minutes!

Add in 7 minced garlic cloves, the sun dried tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes, 1 teaspoon of chopped onion seasoning, and the zuchinni.

When you drain the pasta and kale, keep 1/3cup of the water. When you add the pasta (which I transfered to a wok), also add the water!

Crumbled up the bacon and add it to the wok!

I topped it off with fresh grated parmesan cheese!


Let me know how you like the reicipe! Adapt it to make it your own!!
XO, Sophia!

No comments:

Post a Comment