Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quinoa, how much I love thee!

Wow, two blogs in one week, and back to back on top of that haha!
Well here is anothr recipe from IowaGirlEats that I once again adapted into my own thing! It is Quinoa in a Honey Lemon Vinaigrette. Of course with kale, since I add it to about everything I eat!

Here's a photo of the ingredients! I forgot to put the honey in the photo haha.

3 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of quinoa. You cook it until the germ seperates. About 10-15 minutes. Best if cover once brought to a boil 

In a mason jar zest an entire lemon and squeeze the juice into the jar. 2 cloves of garlic minced well, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and 2 1/2 tablespoons of honey. Close it up, and shake it up!

Take two leaves of kale, chopped. three green onions, and three ears of corn in a skillet of 1 tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of olive oil. Saute everything!

1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, pinch of sea salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. mix it up and add it to a skillet. I used these frozen shrimps because they were already peeled and deveined!


As the shrimp cooked, add in the quinoa and vinaigrette and stir it.


Afte the shrimp cooks through, add everything together!!

Delish!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good! I have yet to find a recipe for quinoa that I have liked. I'm going to try this one and see how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete